The Ultimate Guide To Motorcycle Helmets: What You Need To Know
Thinking about buying a new motorcycle helmet? You’re in good company. More than a third of all riders keep their helmets on as often as possible. But there are so many options out there that it can be hard to know which one is best for your needs. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know before making your final decision.
What To Look For When Buying A Helmet
DOT or Snell certification? Your helmet must meet one of these standards to be legal for use on the road. Look for a sticker inside your helmet to see which one it meets.
Does the manufacturer offer the right size and shape? Some helmets will only come in round shapes, while others will come in any shape you need—oval, long oval, short oval, narrow oval, etc. The perfect helmet should fit snugly on your head, with just enough room for two fingers to slide between your skin and the inside of the helmet.
Do you want a full face or an open face? Open-face helmets have more airflow and allow you to drink water without taking off your lid. But they can’t protect your teeth and chin, as well as full-face helmets, can.
Motorcycle Helmet Materials
A motorcycle helmets come in a wide range of materials, and you should think about which one best suits your needs. The most popular material is Kevlar fiber, which is used in over 95% of all helmets. Some Kevlars are made with a carbon fiber weave, which provides more protection and durability. The next most popular material is fiberglass.
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) helmets are lighter than their Kevlar counterparts and can be molded into any shape. Carbon fiber helmets are also becoming more common, as they provide the best protection against blunt impacts and the most durability out of all helmet materials.
How To Measure A Motorcycle Helmet
It come in a variety of sizes, so it’s important to know how to measure your head. The easiest way is using a cloth measuring tape that’s flexible and can easily wrap around your head. Make sure the measuring tape is even all the way around and mark where the largest point on your head is. If you don’t have a cloth measuring tape, use these measurements:
- If you’re in between sizes, choose the larger size
- If your hat size is 8 and above, then you should buy an extra-large helmet
- If you wear a 7 or below, purchase an extra small helmet
Motorcycle Helmet Brands
There are many brands of motorcycle helmets out there, but some have a more established reputation than others.
Summing It Up
The helmets are more than just a piece of safety equipment. When you’re shopping for one, it can be hard to know what to look for. But with the right information and guidelines, you’ll never have to shop in the dark again. By following these tips, you’ll find the right helmet for your needs—and you’ll be able to make an informed decision that will keep you and your motorcycle safe on the road!
Please add this image:
- How Do Win Lotteries Fix Money Issues Inสล็อตpg? June 23, 2022
- Why office cleaning Services in Sydney Are the Best for Your Business June 22, 2022
- Immigrating To Canada As An Investor: quebec investor program June 20, 2022
- How To Win The Lottery Without Any Money June 18, 2022
- How Do Win Lotteries Fix Money Issues Inสล็อตpg?
- Why office cleaning Services in Sydney Are the Best for Your Business
- Immigrating To Canada As An Investor: quebec investor program
- How To Win The Lottery Without Any Money
- Players bet real cash in slot games
- Photo Booths For Sale Back In The Day Around The 90s And The 2000s
- The Ultimate Guide To Motorcycle Helmets: What You Need To Know
- How to find the best online slots games
- Find Out How To Use Mortgage Daily Calculator
- How to Get a Testosterone Prescription Online: A Guide for Men
- Can you play online poker for real money in the US?
- For Your Everyday Business Needs – Working Capital Loan
- How To Find The Best RV Repair Company
- What Does An Estate Litigation Lawyer Do?
- + May (9)
- + April (4)
- + March (13)
- + February (1)
- + January (5)